Building a brand is not something that happens overnight. It requires you to take the time to truly understand your audience to be able to not only attract them but to also connect and nurture them until you get the sale. The best and most effective way to successfully attract your dream clients is through having a brand that connects to your ideal clients emotions. How do you appeal to your clients emotions? Simply put, it's through emotional marketing. If you're wondering what emotional marketing is and how you can leverage it for your audience, keep reading.
- Emotional marketing is marketing to potential clients feelings in a way that incites a happy, sad, angry, or fear based response.
- When you understand your ideal audience, you're able to better understand how to appeal to their emotions through your brand story.
- Lead with empathy as opposed to positioning yourself as an authoritative figure within the space.
- Play around with color ensure that your visual brand identity matches your brand messaging.
What is emotional marketing?
Emotional marketing is marketing to a potential clients feelings in way that incites a happy, sad, anger, or fear based response. It's how brands and companies tell their story in a way that stands out and is remembered by a potential audience. When people are fired up at a particular moment, the memory of how they feel is what is going to stick with them and that is how they will associate your brand in their heads. So how does happiness, sadness, anger, and fear attract your dream clients. Here's a quick break down:
- Happiness: When you invoke joy into your customer, it'll bring your clients back to your message.
- Sadness: Pulling on the heart strings of your clients not only makes you memorable but will also make your clients feel compelled to take action.
- Anger: Invoking anger in your clients showcases your passion as a brand as well as showcases their passion to take action.
- Fear: Acknowledging your ideal client's pain points and fears but also letting them know that you are here to save the day and provide a solution for them.
Understand your ideal audience
Before you can attract your dream clients, you have to know and understand your audience. It's important that you get as specific as possible here in order to better address their needs and concerns as you start to build connections with them. Certain questions to ask are:
- How did they get to where they are?
- What problems are they currently experience?
- What do you offer that will solve the problems that they have?
When you are able to map your audience to your services, you will have a better understanding on how to attract them to your services and secure the offer.
Tell your story that connects and showcases your empathy
Every brand and business has a story or even multiple stories that they can pull from and connect with their clients on an emotional level. As you consistently tell your story you're able to learn more about what parts of your story resonates with your dream clients, letting you know what part of your story connects with them emotionally so that you can continuously attract dream clients. When sharing your story it's important that you showcase your empathy vs. leading as an authoritative figure. When you lead with empathy, you're expressing your vulnerability and allowing your audience to connect deeper to you. As you connect deeper, you'll have a better sense of what incites a definitive emotional response which will enable you to attract those dream clients through your brand messaging and your marketing.
Position your client as a hero
As entrepreneurs and service providers, we often times feel that the best way to attract our dream clients is through telling them why we're the best thing for them and showcasing our accomplishments, but our dream clients don't care. Our dream clients want to know what's in it for them and how their story can exist within our companies story. Because of this it's important that when you're invoking emotions like fear, anger, or sadness, you're able to walk them through the journey of how they will rise out of that and come into a happier place or feeling.
You should not only strive to attract your dream clients but also raving fans of your business. Having fans of your business will increase your brand's visibility and can also draw more clients to your business without you having to create any additional marketing pushes on social media to further your reach. Create a loyal community of people who are not only rooting for each other but are also rooting for you as well. These are the people who will be in your corner recommending you to others and can help you strengthen your brand and business. By creating community, you are able to appeal to your dream's clients sense of joy and happiness which will help within your marketing.
Play with color
Color is one of the quickest ways to directly impact your dream client's emotional understanding of your brand. Tapping into color psychology, the study of the meaning of colors and how they determine behavior, humans tend to associate colors to different emotions that they are feeling. If you're trying to better understand your color palette, here's a quick deep dive:
- Red: excitement, strength, love, energy, danger, fire, war.
- Orange: confidence, success, bravery, sociability, enthusiasm, attraction
- Yellow: creativity, happiness, warmth, cheer, sunshine, joy
- Green: nature, healing, freshness, quality, growth, fertility, and harmony
- Blue: trust, peace, loyalty, competence, faith, stability, and wisdom
- Pink: compassion, sincerity, sophistication
- Purple: royalty, luxury, spirituality, ambition, creativity, and mystery
- Brown: dependable, rugged, trustworthy, simple
- Black: formality, dramatic, sophistication, security, power, death, and mystery
- White: clean, simplicity, innocence, honest, pure, goodness.
If your brand colors aren't showcasing what you need to convey, then it may be time to switch out those colors and create a new brand that makes more sense.
Take the time to take a look at your marketing and branding and make sure it appeals to your dream client's emotions. If it doesn't, it may be time to have a new content strategy that can showcase your expertise and can generate new sales for your business. If you think that you would like some assistance, be sure to apply to my Content Plan VIP Day.